Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts 7/29/2014

Being bold is one thing, being a narrow minded asshole is another. Today I saw a sticker on the back of a truck that said "Real women drive trucks". This annoyed the hell out of me. People see these things as a strong personal statement about themselves. I think its kinda shitty. What you're saying is that the essence of being a woman and everything that comes along with that, does not exist unless you own some giant gas guzzling truck that will never haul anything or be used in a manner that it is designed to handle. That's what you're saying right? I'm sure if a woman who owns a truck because she lives a lifestyle that requires its utilitarian capabilities, wouldn't want it tainted by some holier than thou sticker that casts a shadow of pre-judgement upon her. I'd like to hope this is true. Why do we feel this need to showboat around and assert a transparent dominance over others based only on the material goods we posses? I figured a civilized society would be able to ignore attempts at shameless peacocking. Putting hateful or self labeling slogans on your cars or trucks that conjure immediate character judgments makes me want to hate you. My car has quite a number of bumper stickers but they're all things I like! I have bands, coffee places, music shops, guitar products, star wars and video games covering my car's rear side. When people see my car they instantly know a whole gang of things I enjoy! I have nothing hateful or anything that's associated with any kind of extreme opinion or hateful organization. My bumper does not patronize you or try to force any sort of opinion on you. If my bumper could talk it'd say "Hey! check these bands out! DEATH TO THE STAR WARS PREQUELS!" ok... so maybe my bumper could have a hateful message, but its something you should hate. Those movies suck rotten goose stool. I guess my point is, If your car is adorned with slogans or pictures that make generalized statements about a race or gender, I dislike you very much and I hope your bumper gets ripped from your car! YAY FOR HATRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment