Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Premium Cigarbox guitar update!

So with the neck all sanded I went ahead and cut the neck slots. Cutting through rosewood can be tricky and scary. Its such a beautiful wood its a terrible feeling when you mess it up. A few of my fret cuts were a little crooked and the arrow inlay was a little iffy (remind me to never use the ballpoint dremel bit again) Still, any imperfections sort of add to the rustic, hand-build nature of the instruments. I'm still a bit gutted when I mess up in an irreversible way. I used some golden oak wood filler to fill the slots. It came out really well. I used masking tape to cover the wood around each fret slot so that the wood grain wouldnt get filled with blonde wood filler. Doing this was super time consuming but ultimately worth the effort. I will post some pictures soon, I keep neglecting to have my laptop, phone and USB plug at the same time. First world problems right? -G

No comments:

Post a Comment